Friday, July 22, 2016

Crazy quilting- my first attempt at it!

I am in New Delhi, India, spending part of my summer vacation here with my parents, and I normally transition into doing thread work here since yarn is too hot to handle! So no yarn crochet. 
I have been keeping my hands occupied making several pairs of crochet barefoot sandals with thread, and trying out crazy quilting! I took some random scraps of cotton fabric, sewed them together in a random manner, and started embroidering over the seams with floss. I did find lots of inspiration on Pinterest! Here is what my piece looks like.....
I don't know what to make out of my quilted piece, I might just have to frame my first one, and then maybe move onto making some into pincushions. If you have any ideas about these, leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!! ♥ Really wonderful, great job :-). My idea would be to take some further fabric and make a slipcover for books (or for a notebook) from it, naturally with your pretty quilted and embroidered piece on the front side. Here's an example what I mean:
    https://wasliestdu.de/magazin/2014/buchhuellen-aus-stoff
    Or just google for "sewed slipcover for books" or "sewed book cover".
    Happy weekend! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea! I will look it up!

    ReplyDelete